Help us share knowledge and encourage study of South Sudan and Sudan.
If you are interested in any aspect of the Sudans, you are welcome to join us. Membership is open to all regardless of nationality or country of residence.
- the right to attend and vote at the Annual General Meeting, and stand for election to the Committee.
- preferential access to Sudan Studies, the Society’s journal, which is published twice a year. (Members receive each issue in hard copy when it is published, and can use password access to view recent issues on the website. Non-members are only able to view issues which are more than two years old.)
- various other special powers of accessing and creating content on this website when logged in. (These powers may be withdrawn in individual cases if abused.)
Membership subscriptions fall due on 30th of January each year. The current annual membership subscription rates are as follows:
|Individuals - standard rate (payment by PayPal or standing order)||£18||€28 / £25||US$30 / £25|
|Individuals paying by cheque or cash||£20||€31 / £28||US$34 / £28|
|Students (with identification)||£12||€18 / £16||US$20 / £16|
|Institutions||£28||€35 / £32||US$40 / £32|
Paying the Subscription
By standing order or cheque:
Please download and post the membership form (PDF).
- If paying by PayPal for someone else, please inform the SSSUK Treasurer by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), giving their name(s) and details to identify your payment.
- If claiming the student rate, please scan your student ID and email it to the SSSUK Treasurer (email@example.com).
By bank transfer:
Payment can also be made direct into Society for the Study of the Sudans (UK) bank account, Sort Code: 01-03-46, Account No: 10230351.
Gift Aid It!
As a charitable organisation, SSSUK can claim the taxes you pay on your subscription. This can make a significant difference for SSSUK at no cost to you. Please consider the Gift Aid option if you pay income tax and are resident in Britain. You can download the form here. The scheme does not apply if you are not resident in Britain or if you do not pay income tax.
Please make sure you inform the Hon Treasurer immediately if there is a change in your circumstances regarding tax or residency status.